Wednesday 29 September 2010

New computer

Got home yesterday and found that my brand new all singing dancing IBM compatible will be delivered sometime on Friday between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. I can hardly wait.

 Things I will be able to do include, booting from a usb drive, running virtual machines, trying out 64 bit applications.

Not much else to say other than I'm defragging a drive. Oh, xmarks is closing down in January next year. Pity. That was an interesting service. Unfortunately they couldn't get any money from businesses big  or small. You can read about the reasons here:

end of xmarks

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Ooooooo, new computer!! Lovely!!
Mine is so delicate in its old age, I have to be very careful - it can't get too hot, it can't be unplugged (battery flaaaaat), the power cord is very touchy at the back. I'm very envious! :)