Thursday 29 May 2008

Post hoc, ergo ...

Yesterday I noted I went out with wet hair and forecast dire consequences: cough, runny nose und so weider. Today I have a stuffy nose and slow release moist product. (Enough, enough we get the picture - Ed)

Anyway I wanted to say ' I told you so.' But my hand is stayed. Wet hair then sinusoidal problems the day after? Nah. This I believe is a logical fallacy.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. After this therefore because of this.

It takes ages for a good cold to develop. I lost heat through my head, that much is not in dispute. Or is it? I wonder.

Not to worry, a trip to the Pixie Dust shop will I am sure yield some useful remedies for a cold - garlic capsules; extra vitamins and an empty wallet. The last part wouldn't be hard at the minute.

Far better to buy a supply of Mars Bars; Smarties; Cadbury's Dairy Milk blocks (often on offer from The Warehouse, The Warehouse, where everyone gets a bargain), retire to the scratcher and emerge some days later completely free of cold or flu symptoms and in full possession of a horrid sugar hangover.

Best wishes

No comments: