Thursday 12 June 2008

Heal my heel

Luckily I do not write with my heel, however I do like to walk with my feet. I try to walk everywhere and if that fails well I try to cycle everywhere. Now I believe I have inflamed my plantar fascia. Brilliant, eh? We walk to keep fit and end up with a flaming (inflamed) plantar condition caused by walking. Who says irony isn't part of this existence?

Part of the treatment is to rest. Nae wurries. I have no problem with that. There is no pain in bed. There are things I can do. Do all the stuff I should have done earlier in life or later or now: Read Coleridge's Biographia Literaria; Read Wittgenstein's Tractactus Logico-Philosophicus; Knit a jersey (cow or caramel); Write my acceptance speech for the Katherine Mansfield pot of money.

Bad time of year to see the doctor. I was in his surgery this time last year with very generously sick people who were happy to share their rhino virus with me.

Remember the wee rhyme from an earlier post?

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases!


No comments: