Tuesday 17 June 2008

Wot, no posts since sunday?

I've been to the doctor for my painful heel condition. He does not think it is the nasty walker's condition - plantar fasciitis.

I have just got the new firefox

I have been using it first of all in the beta stage and release candidate stage. At some point in the beta phase I realised that stability was not an issue and uninstalled firefox 2 (goodbye my friend) and let the new improved, memory leak plugged (plus other enhancements) application be the browser which which I trust not to fall over while loading yet another stupid flash heavy page. (note to website designers - just because a technology exists does not mean you have to use it.) Even with what we laughingly call broadband in Dunedin (xtra - I can't speak for other providers) it is still a pain in the arse.

Firefox 3 it is. Of course the add-ons are the best bit of Firefox. If you like confusion they are also called extensions. I must list (no, no, not another list - Ed) my choices. For example I use the ScribeFire extension to post to this blog. It is also set up to post to wordpress where I have an only-once-published-to account.

TBC*

TBC, meaning: to be continued, is a TLA
A TLA is a three letter abbreviation

1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

I WWA (wait with anticipation)